In November, 2022 the Embassy of Monaco proudly hosted many events in the lead-up to Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo's debut tour to Washington, D.C.
Here's a wrap up. . .
To coincide with the debut of the Principality's national ballet company to the US capital, and to celebrate Monaco's National Day on November 19, the Embassy of Monaco hosted a series of events to welcome Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo, the Principality's North American consular corps and VIP guests to celebrate.
- The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation Environmental Photographic Exhibition in the Hall of States at the Kennedy Center, October 26 - November 20, 2022. Click here and here for photos.
- In partnership with the Embassy of France, the Embassy launched the "Monte Carlo Legends" retrospective photo exhibition and screened "Monaco Grand Prix, the Legend", narrated by HSH Prince Albert, at La Maison Francaise on November 1, 2022. Click here.
- On November 2, we welcomed a very special guest, His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco as He visited the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to view the installation of a special collection of 32 poignant images on the theme of "Humanity & Wildlife: Crossed Destinies, Shared Territories" which were submissions in His Foundation's 2021 international environmental photography competition. Afterwards He visited the Grace of Monaco : Princess in Dior exhibition at the Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens, an homage to His Monther and her special relationship with the House of Dior. Click here and here.
- For their debut at the renowned John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts between November 17 - 20, Monaco's national ballet company, Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo -- under the Presidency of Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover (Princess Caroline of Monaco) -- enthralled audiences with their presentation of Cendrillon (Cinderella). Click here and here for photos.
For a complete photographic recap of the joyful events in November, please click here.
Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo's triumphant 2022 tour. . .
Under the Presidency of Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover (Princess Caroline of Monaco), Monaco's national ballet company, Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo, performed Cendrillon (Cinderella) at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts between November 17 - 20.
Her Royal Highness was the Honorary Chair of two distinguished tour committees: the Honorary Diplomatic Committee comprising more than 20 Ambassadors from many of the countries represented by dancers in the company, and the Host Committee featuring an eminent group of supporters, friends, and sponsors.
The Embassy of Monaco hosted a series of events over four days and welcomed the Principality's North American consular corps and VIP guests to the national's capital to celebrate. Click here for photographs.
A selection of press, reviews and featured listings of Cendrillon by Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and Embassy events may be found below:
MONACO INFO TV:
- November 3 edition see link here
- November 21 edition see link here
- November 22 edition see link here
- Rendez-vous d'Amerique see link here
- MD Theatre Guide
- Ballet Herald
- Broadway World
- Washington Post Going Out Guide - Featured Listing
- Metro Weekly Featured Listing
With Special Thanks To:
Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo
Christian Dior Couture
Consulate General of Monaco in New York
Dupont Circle Hotel, Washington, D.C./
The Doyle Collection
Embassy of France & La Maison Francaise
Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
Princess Grace Foundation-USA
This November, the Principality of Monaco Takes
Washington, D.C. on a magical journey . . .
Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo Perform Cendrillon (Cinderella) at the Kennedy Center,
Eisenhower Theater, November 17 - 20
Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation Environmental Photography Exhibition
on view at the Kennedy Center,
Hall of States, October 26 - November 20
Grace of Monaco : Princess in Dior exhibition features fashion and accessories of the American-born Princess and style icon at
Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens, now through January 8, 2023
Click on these images to learn more
"an eloquent deconstruction of Shakespeare and Prokofiev” - NY Post
Les Ballets de Monte Carlo
Romeo and Juliet
Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Costa Mesa, California April 15 - 17, 2022
Choreography: Jean-Christophe Maillot Based on the play by: William Shakespeare
Music: Sergueï Prokofiev
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
L'Ambassade de la Principauté de Monaco célèbre
Le Festival de la Francophonie 2022!
The Embassy of the Principality of Monaco in partnership with the Embassy of France, La Maison Française, Alliance Française, and Smithsonian Associates was proud to celebrate the Festival de la Francophonie online throughout March and at a SOLD OUT in-person film screening on March 10. We're so glad you joined us...
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE