In November, the Embassy of Monaco proudly hosted many events in the lead-up to Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo's majestic, triumphant journey to Washington, D.C. Here's a wrap up. . .
To coincide with the debut tour of the Principality's national ballet company to the US capital, and to celebrate Monaco's National Day on November 19, the Embassy of Monaco hosted a series of events to welcome Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo, the Principality's North American consular corps and VIP guests to celebrate.
- The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation Environmental Photographic Exhibition in the Hall of States at the Kennedy Center, October 26 - November 20, 2022. Click here and here for photos.
- In partnership with the Embassy of France, the Embassy launched the "Monte Carlo Legends" retrospective photo exhibition and screened "Monaco Grand Prix, the Legend", narrated by HSH Prince Albert, at La Maison Francaise on November 1, 2022. Click here.
- On November 2, we welcomed a very special guest, His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco as He visited the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to view the installation of a special collection of 32 poignant images on the theme of "Humanity & Wildlife: Crossed Destinies, Shared Territories" which were submissions in His Foundation's 2021 international environmental photography competition. Afterwards He visited the Grace of Monaco : Princess in Dior exhibition at the Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens, an homage to His Monther and her special relationship with the House of Dior. (Click here and here).
- For their debut at the renowned John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts between November 17 - 20, Monaco's national ballet company, Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo -- under the Presidency of Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover (Princess Caroline of Monaco) -- enthralled audiences with their presentation of Cendrillon (Cinderella). Click here and here for photos.
For a complete recap of photos of all the joyful events in November,
please click here.
A selection of press, reviews and featured listings of Cendrillon by Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and Embassy events:
MONACO INFO TV:
- November 3 edition see link here
- November 21 edition see link here
- November 22 edition see link here
- Rendez-vous d'Amerique see link here
- MD Theatre Guide
- Ballet Herald
- Broadway World
- Washington Post Going Out Guide - Featured Listing
- Metro Weekly Featured Listing
With Special Thanks To:
Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo
Christian Dior Couture
Consulate General of Monaco in New York
Dupont Circle Hotel, Washington, D.C./
The Doyle Collection
Embassy of France & La Maison Francaise
Hillwood Estate, Museum & Gardens
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
Princess Grace Foundation-USA